Monday, February 16, 2015

Post-Valentines

I feel I have to do an obligatory valentines post... 

Yab is notorious for valentines posts. Angry, sad, always funny, posts. 

I had posts-of-valentines-past haunt me via timehop for the past month such as Why I Hate Valentines Day and of course Fuck Valentines Day.

This year however, I was not a bitter bitch. I felt very hopeful, and well, lovey! 

Someone at work reminded me of when we were all in grade school and you gave out valentines to literally everyone in the class. We all came home with a bag of candy, cards and we were all in this shit together. Literally everyone had a valentine and we all had each other. 


I felt more that way this year than I ever have since 5th grade. 
I have friends in relationships, single friend and my family that all equated to my valentines. 

My posts-of-valentines-past were always happening days before the event, leading up to it and then finally an angry Yab on the day of. This year it is a simple.recount. 
I think this is blatant proof of my progress to date. 

This weekend was awesome. 

Absolutely the best valentines day yet. Friday I went dancing with some of my favorite people, and I hadn't been out with them in forever. I got up saturday morning had coffee with an awesome new friend, got to walk dogs with my neighbor, the got my hair cut and lookin on fleek, and finally had sushi and rented movies with my brother. Glorious

It was a great day in general and a fabulous valentines day. 

I also got outside of myself, this holiday, for the first time ever. I have always made this holiday about me. About my misery and how I am single... because I always have been. But Valentines day is one of my favorite people's sober anniversary, and this year she had six years!! That is amazing, and I am so happy/proud of her. 
Sunday I helped to celebrate her and our other friend who just had two years, with arcade games, unicorns and vagina cakes.

 
With so much to celebrate, from love to sobriety, I don't know I even could have been miserable. 
I am so grateful to be able to post a blog post like this and keep the posts-of-valentines-past in the past. 

To anyone that had a horrible valentines day, it is now in it the past. Keep pushing forward. It's just a day and you can move forward. Remember you are never truly alone. Someone loves you, and if it is no one else, it is most definitely me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment