Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shit Storms

It's a funny time, in between winter and spring. One day you are in shorts and the next day it's snowing... This could just be the #annoyingphillyweather... but I do think it happens everywhere.
In VT it's called "mud season" and here in Philly, I'm calling it, "pot hole season".

But like I said it seems to be everywhere, from Buffalo, to Maryland, to San Fran...

And maybe it's not so much that there's gross thunder-snow-rain-sun storms going on, as there is shit storms happening.

~maybe it's just life~

Some of my good friends, (from Buffalo, to Maryland, to San Fran and even BTV) are dealing with some really trying shit. And if you've read any of my recent blogs (aside from the Frozen tribute) I've not been strolling through the park either.

But shit gets rough sometimes. Like really fucking rough. Like break down in your car crying, calling your best friend crying, locking yourself in the bathroom crying... Basically a lot of crying.

And it's so easy to see the negative, to point out the really shit shit that is happening.
Being happy and positive is not fucking easy all the time.

Things always, always, always, get worse before they get better.

With the biggest storms, theres bigger clean ups, but eventually brighter days.
Not after every storm there is a rainbow but there is always something beautiful to be found.

Life really kicks our asses sometimes, that much I have learned in the past two years.

O btw I'm 2 years sober today. YAYAY

Oo0oo00o0o0ooooOOOOo0o0


And I would like to particularly pay tribute to these people, who actually this blog was ORIGINALLY written for:





















 










I don't know what I would do without my family and my friends, that I consider, family. These people have been huge in my life and I am so grateful to have them.

*side note: I also am extremely grateful to have such a loving, caring and supportive family, particularly mother. If my family wasn't behind me 100% I literally don't know how I would handle life.








BUT I DIGRESS

This post is important to me, not because of my two years sober but because it pains me to hear my friends in pain. I wish I could just hug them until life was better. 
But going through shitty, shit, shit storms makes you a hell of a person. 
No matter what happens, when you come out on the other side you are changed and you learn. 
When you're uncomfortable and doing things you don't want to be doing you are growing up. 
We are all doing a lot of growing. 

I said something to someone today that I really liked, it had to do with dating but I think it applys to life, Now you are in the game. No one wins on the first round, but you have to keep playing. 

College may be over for a lot of you, but you have just started out in life. Keep your heads up my loveys. I believe in you and thank you so much for believing in me. 



xoxo cheers. 







1 comment: