Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Why I hate Valentines Day

I don't hate valentines day because it was created by Hallmark and greeting card companies. I don't hate it because it is a day of chocolate, actually I love that it involves candy. I don't hate it because it has to do with love, I really do love love.
I hate it because every year it is absolutely miserable.


Never have I ever: Had a real valentine.

The only person that has been truly good to me on valentines day has been my mother.

Two years ago, this lovely holiday, I was starting to spiral out of control, was eventually hospitalized for 30 days and this day definitely contributed to that.

Valentines day is overrated. and is stupid. 

I have learned to have very, very low expectations. Don't hope for the best, expect the worst. Simply, expect the worst.

Call me cynical all you want but I have no mercy for this day.

Maybe movies and Hallmark hype this day up for everyone anyway. I have yet to hear of someone actually having a fantastic valentine's day. In fact, it's SUPRISE! YOU GUESSED IT! Usually a let down for the majority of people.

Fuck cupid.

Ya sure I would love to have a valentine, don't get me wrong. And ya of course, I got them in school and from my loves.
BUT LIKE WHAT EVEN IS A VALENTINE? Have you ever asked that question? Or do we all just assume it's meaning? Am I the only one slightly confused about this?

Be mine, valentine?
like ya, sure... but what does that entail?

According to Yahoo Answers, a valentine is someone special.

Maybe I'm just letting this holiday get the best of me, yet again.

Like I said, Expect the worst.

And like yes, I know I am just being super cynical. But like this is not my holiday. Nothing good has ever happened.

@annae wants me to go out on the town with her which I am trying to decide if I am ok with.
I would really like to go to the movies and watch something about a love that I will never have and then eat chocolate till I puke, because I can't even drink wine til I puke- which is definitely a good thing for everyone...

TO ALL YOU MEN OUT THERE: we are all expecting something. The movies and greeting cards in life have made this the day we want something special to happen. But I am expecting the worst.
Good luck men. Don't fuck up.

Truth be told: Maybe I don't hate valentines day. Every year I give out valentines and I love making valentines. Like I said in the beginning, I do love love. I'm just secretly scared it will never find me.
idk why... 


I'm LYKE SO PRETTY THOUGH 


No comments:

Post a Comment